Nationally Board Certified: Nurse Practitioner
Mary Infantino, PhD, RN, ANP, BC
Doctor of Nursing
Dr. Mary Infantino received her doctorate in Nursing from Adelphi University. She is an Associate Professor and the Chairman of the Nursing Program at the Post Campus of Long Island University in Brookville, NY. She has practiced as an RN for over 38 years, more than 25 of which she has been practicing as a state and nationally certified nurse practitioner. It is Dr. Infantino’s belief that the advantages of her dual role as nurse practitioner and professor are reciprocal; practice strengthens teaching and teaching reinforces practice.
Dr. Infantino practices primary care with an integrative and anti-aging focus, with a sub-specialty in hormone health. She is knowledgeable in bio-identical hormones, weight loss, thyroid issues and supplement programs. Dr. Infantino’s research interests have been focused on older adult health and women’s health, and she has published in both the nursing and medical journals.
Previously, Dr. Infantino had been in practice with the well-known physician and radio talk show host of the “Heart Show,” Dr. Frederic Vagnini. She was regularly a guest on Dr. Vagnini’s radio show and created several webcasts geared toward educating the community about both traditional and integrative approaches to health issues like menopause management, osteoporosis, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Dysfunction (GERD). She also co-authored two books with Dr. Vagnini, “The Heart Surgeon’s Secret to a Healthy Heart” and “Beating the Cardio-Diabetes Connection”
- Weight Loss
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)
- Integrative Primary Care
- State Certified: Nurse Practitioner
- Nationally Board Certified: Nurse Practitioner
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
- Nurse Practitioner Association of Long Island (NAPLI)
- New York State Nurse Practitioner Association
- Associate Professor: Long Island University, Post Campus
- Chairman of the Nursing Program: Long Island University, Post Campus (2006-2019)